The First Week of School is supposed to be exciting, fun, and a great way to build a positive classroom culture that will promote a productive disposition towards mathematics.
So, you dedicate much of your summer reflecting, planning, and organizing. Don’t forget all the cutting and laminating you did to get everything just right.
But with COVID-19, your usual approach just doesn’t seem to cut it.
You may have questions like these:
- What activities can I use during the first two weeks of the school year despite COVID-19 social distancing rules and/or teaching remotely?
- How can I get students to collaborate when there are so many rules and restrictions forcing students to stay apart?
- How do I build a culture of curiosity, learning and sense making when I’m not sure what my day to day will look like?
- What are the concepts that hold my students back and which should I focus on first?
Dive into this live webinar replay course that will help you start any school year off right – whether you’re face-to-face or online!
A certificate of completion will be unlocked once each module and lesson in this course is marked complete.
Length of course:
Approximately 1.5 hours of video lesson content with another recommended 3 hours of reflection, planning and implementing.
Who can access this course?
Make Math Moments Academy Members.
Join now and get 30 days free or save by selecting an annual subscription.
30-day Money-Back Guarantee and you can cancel anytime.
PLUS Academy Members can access over 10 other courses covering topics like Teaching Math Remotely, Assessment, Math EdTech Tools, Conceptualizing the Fundamentals of Mathematics, Spiralling and many more! See all of the Academy Courses here.
Want to learn more about what other benefits you receive as an Academy Member? Click here to learn more.
- How To Start The School Year Off Guidebook
- Join Jon with 15 Days in 15 Minutes: A peek into a math classroom during a pandemic
Tasks / Activities:
Your Certificate of Completion
- After completing each module/lesson