As we start/continue another school year during this pandemic we might find ourselves asking: What should I focus on most? How can I help my students get ready for the next grade level? Do I have time to teach through activities or should I just teach with direct instruction? What resources can I use so that I cover the curriculum and still teach deep learning?
As we are both practicing educators they have been asking themselves that all summer and have prepared this webinar event to help you answer those exact questions.
[This episode is a recording from their free webinar]
- Where you fit on the “math class lesson spectrum” and how you can use it to help your students succeed by learning math through sense making;
- After teaching a year in the pandemic where should we go now, where we should focus our learning;
- How to find the right balance between a “back to basics” and a “sense making” tug of war;
- The concept that holds your students back the most and what you can do to address their needs; and,
- How to help students develop a sense of their own mathematical identity and feel more confident in math class.
A certificate of completion will be unlocked once each module and lesson in this course is marked complete.
Length of course:
Approximately 1.5 hours of video lesson content with another recommended 3 hours of reflection, planning and implementing.
Who can access this course?
Make Math Moments Academy Members.
30-day Money-Back Guarantee and you can cancel anytime.
PLUS Academy Members can access over 10 other courses covering topics like Teaching Math Remotely, Assessment, Math EdTech Tools, Conceptualizing the Fundamentals of Mathematics, Spiralling and many more! See all of the Academy Courses here.
Want to learn more about what other benefits you receive as an Academy Member? Click here to learn more.